- Get comfortable speaking up. If you’re used to staying quiet, even the thought of speaking up might make you feel uncomfortable.
- Start small and slowly build up your confidence.
- Expect to feel guilty acknowledge them and remind yourself that what your doing is an act of self-love.
- Instead of expecting people to read your mind, tell them politely how you’re feeling and what you want.
- Use “I” statements. They help you be assertive without making accusations.
Disclaimer: This blog post contains an affiliate link, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission, if you click through and make a purchase.